The #whiskytag

#WhiskyTag

Today a blogger of the golden spirit I follow via Twitter called The Whisky Lady introduced me to the concept of the #WhiskyTag which is not, as she explains, the key word labels used in Youtube etc. It is in fact a concept, an idea of really all coming together and sharing answers to some pretty important whisky questions in the case of the #WhiskyTag.

So here we go then, 14 questions that really shine a light on our individual experiences with whisky. Simple answers but probably the ones that crafted the way we think, taste and act about the beautiful spirit. Would I have ever really fallen in love with cask strength sherry bombs if I hadn't popped up to Speyside for a week in October, who knows! 

I'd love to hear your own answers! 

1 –> First ever sipped: Glenfiddich 12 Year Old from my mates hip flask during my graduation ceremony back in 2009, we thought we were amazing haha!! Thinking back I can't believe that was the first time I ever tasted whisky?!?!?!  
2 –> First bottle you bought: This is a tough one to remember, I've been gifted plenty but the first one I properly bought for myself I think was a bottle of the Glenrothes Select Reserve, their base line bottle.  
3 –> Favourite in your collection: I have a few favourites (the Tullibardine Murray purely for the namesake being one of them ðŸ˜‚) but it would have to be the Auchentoshan 9 Year Old First Fill Oloroso Sherry Cask I hand bottled direct from the cask back in Glasgow in October. Quick masterclass from the guide Niall on how to get the cask open with the bung hammer first! 
4 –> A very popular whisky you have never tasted yet: Probably quite a few, I'm pretty new to this! Got to be something like the Yamazaki bottles.
5 –> Last one you’ve been offered (samples count): Firstly, I'm clearly not offered enough whisky but it would definitely have been a dram from the 1974 Warehouse 24 Members cask at the Balvenie Distillery, stuff dreams are made of too!
6 –> Last one you offered (samples count): Balvenie 21 Year Old Portwood
7 –> Current number one on your wishlist: It's a pretty big list but the one at the top of my "realistic chances of owning" list would be Batch 5 of the Glengoyne Teapot Dram.... mmmmmmmmmmmm.....
8 –> If you could come back in time, which sleeping distillery would you never close: Port Ellen
9 –> First distillery visited: Auchentoshan
10 –> Last Distillery visited: Dalwhinnie
11 –> Whisky-producing country you wish to visit next: Japan
12 –> The whisky you bought mainly because of its packaging: The Glenmorangie Mid Winter Night's Dram... love the bronzed orange and white.... it happens to taste like Christmas in my opinion too so not a loss there!!
13 –> The last unexpected surprise: Ballantine's 17 Year Old blended scotch.....
14 –> Last bottle you bought: The Balvenie TUN 1509 batch no.4 
So there you go, my answers to the #WhiskyTag and its now over to you! Even if you don't join in and repost, its good to think through these as it gives you a bit of an insight into some of the great experiences you might have had with the beautiful spirit! 

Shout out to @the_whisky_lady for the inspiration on this one!  

Slainte! 













Comments

Popular Posts